在很多影視作品中,我們都看到過以強欺弱的畫面,可能是在監獄、在學校或者在工廠。這樣的欺凌行為在英語中統稱為bullying,而發出這樣行為的人就是bully。今天要談的,就是在職場處處為難別人的workplace bully。
If you are often humiliated, belittled or called names by a colleague, you could be facing a workplace bully. The bully’s remarks and actions may seem harmless at first but they are meant to be offensive and to show you in a poor light.
如果你頻繁被某個同事羞辱、蔑視或者辱駡,你面對的可能是一個“職場霸王”。這位“霸王”的言行起初可能並不會對你造成傷害,但其中的冒犯之意是顯而易見的,而且會讓你處於弱勢地位。
Here are five situations a bully might put you in:
以下是常見的五種“霸王”行徑:
1. Constant prodding at meetings在會議上處處針對你
Some bullies take pleasure in interrupting you when you are making a presentation or are talking in an important meeting. They may ask questions unrelated to the presentation, or questions that could have waited till the end. 1.
有些“職場霸王”喜歡在你做演示或在重要會議上發言時打斷你,並以此為樂。他們可能會問一些跟演示無關的問題,或者問一些本來可以等到會議結束時再問的問題。
2. Taking credit for your work搶走你的工作成果
Another tactic that a bully might use is to take credit for your work.
他們的另一個策略是把你的工作成果據為己有。
3. Burdening you with extra work給你指派很多額外的工作
Newcomers to an organization sometimes get stuck with work over and above their job description.
新進人員有時候會被很多職責範圍以外的工作所負累。
4. Jokes at your expense拿你尋開心
If your colleague often makes fun of you or passes sarcastic remarks about you or your work, it may be more than just banter.
如果你的同事時常取笑你,或者對你或你的工作冷嘲熱諷,這些可能並不僅僅是玩笑話。
5. Indecent remarks下流言論
Women at work sometimes have to hear indecent remarks or put up with glances that make them uncomfortable.
職場女性時不時會聽到一些下流的言論,或者遭遇讓她們不自在的眼神。
來源:巨人網英語yingyu.juren.com
|